As you probably know, the UAE visa is one of the most valuable visas in the world. There are different kinds of UAE visa. However, you should decide which one is right for you. Here are specifics about the most common visas.
UAE Permanent Residency:
Non-UAE residents who want to invest, live, work and study in the UAE no longer need a national sponsor. The new system gives them a six-month visa enabling them to stay a long time in this country without any conditions.
Those UAE residents who are eligible for long-term visa can transfer their visa to investor visa if they fulfill the conditions.
Also, 3 new services are activated on portal:
* a six-month visa for investors to complete the procedures for residency
* a six-month visa for both entrepreneurs and outstanding students to complete long-term residency procedures
* a six-month visa for gifted individuals to complete the residency procedures
Gold Card is another type of permanent residency. This type of residency is for investors, entrepreneurs, researchers in different fields of science, and outstanding students. This is a new initiative aimed to attract more investments to strengthen local economy to be more efficient.Gold Card visa allows residents to be out of the country for more than six consecutive months.
Long-term residence visas in the UAE
10-year visa without a sponsor:
The following categories are qualified to apply for the 10-year visa of the UAE:
- Investors in public investments of at least Dh10 million
*the person must show an investment of Dh10 million or more- the person must establish a company in the UAE with Dh10 million value- The person must show partnership in an existing or a new company(the share should not be less than Dh 10 million).
- Persons with specialized talents
This visa is for doctors, specialists, scientists, inventors, in addition to creative individuals in the fields of culture and art. Having a valid employment contract in a specialized field is required.
Granting a visa requires:
– Scientists must be approved by Emirates Scientists Council -Creative individuals in culture or art must be approved by Ministry of Culture and Knowledge Development
– Inventors must show a valuable patent adding to the UAE’s economy. Also, patents should be approved by the UAE’s scientists
– Executives must own an internationally recognized holding or show academic achievement.
- Doctors and specialists:
* A PhD degree from a university which is among top 500
* An award or appreciation in the related field
* Published articles or scientific books
* being a member in an organization related to the field
* Specialization in main areas of the UAE
5-year visa without a sponsor
Eligibility for a 5-year visa without a sponsor:
* Investing in a property of not less than Dh5 million.
* The amount of investment must not be loaned
* The property must be kept three years or more
This category requires an existing project with at least capital of Dh500,000 or the approval of an accredited business incubator in the UAE.
- Outstanding Students
This includes those outstanding students with GPA 3.75 or above upon graduation.
After securing employment visa you need to apply for the residence visa. To do this, getting a medical test and applying for Emirate ID is needed. The UAE Resident Identity Card approves that the person is a legal UAE resident. After completing all of these steps, you can bring all the members of your family into the country.
If you would like to work in the UAE, then you will need an employment visa. Employment visa is a permission of work in the UAE. The Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation issues this kind of visa which is valid for 2 month from the date of issuance.
If you are looking to visit the UAE, then you will need a tourist visa. A tourist visa allows you to stay in the country for 30 days. To get tourist visa a UAE airline, hotel or tour operator should sponsor you. All of the UAE airlines offer visa services when you choose them. As well as these, travel agents and hotels are able to arrange this kind of visa for you.
If you have a friend or relative who is the resident of the UAE, so they can sponsor you to get the visit visa. The application for the visit visa can be done through GDRFA offices across the emirate. The process only takes a few days. After the issuance of the visit visa, there will be two copies of the visa. One should be sent to you and another one should be submitted to the airport. As soon as you arrive at the airport, you can collect your visa from there. What is important to note is that you must have the copy with you when you arrive at the airport.
Transit visa is issued for those people who are traveling long distances. This situation is when the flight is connecting and stopover is lengthy. In other words, this kind of visa is for those passengers just passing by. When the stopover overtakes 8 hours, this visa will be issued. Those passengers with transit visa must leave the country within 96 hours after arrival. Dubai airports have recently proposed that those passengers with shorter stopover will be allowed to experience the city of Dubai soon.
Which one suits you better? So, apply as soon as possible because the visa of the UAE is a chance that should not be missed!
*the information above is based on Khaleej Times website.