Dubai is the largest city in the Emirate and a great place for business. If your company wants to expand its business abroad, dare it be said that Dubai is an unparalleled region, both because of economic growth and relative ease of getting work permits for foreigners and anyone willing to work in Dubai. Immigrants who want to work in the UAE must have a valid work permit and work visa that can be legally employed in the country. These migrants no longer need a residence visa in the UAE and can live and work in Dubai or any city of the UAE with the same work visa as time stated. For more information, you could read how to get a residency visa in Dubai. And we will talk more about how you can get a Dubai work visa and permit in this article.
How can you get a work permit in the UAE?
Your employer must apply for a job permit for you. You probably know that the Ministry of Human Resource and Emiratisation (MOHRE) is in charge of issuing work permits in the UAE. The application process for a work permit in the UAE is:
- The employer prints the application for the work permit at the Tas’Heel website, the Ministry of labor’s online system
- They submit the required documents
- The Ministry check the application, and asked to resubmit any documents they think are incorrect
- The Ministry issued the approval, that employer could download it from the Ministry website
It is important to note that a work visa or employment permit in Dubai is provided by the employer. As an employee, you couldn’t apply for such visas or permits on your own. If you are looking for a job in the UAE, you can start researching the job you want very quickly, check out our step-by-step guide on how to find a job in Dubai. You would also search jobs on websites and portals.
How can you get a UAE work visa?
Once you have been granted a work permit and approved by the UAE, this work permit will act as your entry into the UAE as a working person. This permission is valid for 30 days and allows a one-time extension.
In these 60 days, your employer has the opportunity to apply for your residency visa. During this time, your employer must prepare documents such as medical testing, Emirates ID, labor card and residency visa. In the first place, your residency visa is known from an organization that paid for your work permit, medical tests and Emirates ID. The UAE employment visa way starts only after you enter the country.
The most important thing you need to get a work visa is to prove that you have a job offer or a contract of employment with a company in Dubai.
Medical testing, one of the documents to get a work visa in Dubai
In addition to the above, you must also take a medical exam to obtain a work permit in Dubai. This test is required both to obtain a work visa and to renew the visa. It should be noted that both blood tests will be taken from you and an X-ray of your chest to screen for pulmonary tuberculosis.
Keep in mind that some companies in Dubai need a negative test for Hepatitis B and Syphilis. The best way to save time is to do these tests in your own country. Because if you have one of these diseases, they want you to leave the country.
What is the UAE employment visa procedure?
Before you get a work visa in Dubai, you must first obtain an entry permit visa, an Emirates ID card, and a residence visa. Note that when you complete the visa process, a work visa or work permit is also sometimes called a labor card.
The employer will apply for your residency visa from the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA), after you have arrived in the UAE with the approval you received from the MOHRE.
When your application is approved, the GDRFA affixes an employment visa, (Residence visa for employment purpose) on your passport and you get an Emirates ID that is valid for the same duration as the visa. You will also receive a work card informing the authorities that you are working in the UAE.
Once you have been granted a residence permit, you can support your family and bring them into the country. The law also applies to single mothers. Men supported by their spouses in the UAE can also be allowed to work.
Who needs to apply for a work visa in Dubai?
3 factors determine whether or not you need a work visa in Dubai. Below we will review them:
- You’re employed while you’re still in your country
The State Department and international cooperation have set up centers to make these matters more comfortable.
- When you have a job opportunity, you are in Dubai on a tourist visa or a visit visa
In this situation, you can get permission to work in Dubai by leaving the UAE. You don’t have to go back to your own country. Airlines such as Air Arabia or Fly Dubai suggest you a (visa run) in that you can stopover at the neighbouring country such as Oman until you obtain a work permit in Dubai.
Another way in which you don’t need to leave is that the company that wants to hire you takes advantage of the “change status” process by the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign (GDFAR) in Dubai.
- You are currently working in Dubai, but you want to change your company
As per Article 1 of Ministerial Decree number 766 of 2015, an employee whose contract has been terminated due to the expiration of the contract period can work in Dubai if he has a new job offer.
As per the amended UAE’s labor law number 8 of 1980, you must be 18 years old to be allowed to work in Dubai.
How long does it take to get a Dubai work visa?
It generally takes about a day for your work visa to be ready. During this time, the ministry of labor investigates where no citizen can do the job you are asked to do here.
The important thing is that all forms must be written in Arabic or completed with the written translation.
UAE employment visa rules
In order for your work permit to be issued in the UAE, you and the company that hired you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- The license of the company that hiring you has to be valid
- The company must not have any violations
- The work you do must correspond to the nature of the company hiring you
Who is eligible for a UAE work visa?
Any foreigner over the age of 18 who meets the standards set by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE) are eligible for a UAE visa. For employees over the age of 65, the company has to pay higher fees, while there is no maximum age to work in Dubai.
Based on the education and skills of foreign employees, they are divided into three groups in Dubai, which we will introduce below:
- Who has at least a bachelor’s degree
- Who has at post-secondary diploma in any field
- Who has a high school diploma
Dubai work permit visa requirements
To work for foreigners in Dubai, both a residence visa and a work permit are required in the UAE. The remarkable thing is that you can also get a residency visa by buying a house in Dubai. These are documents that foreigners need to provide to obtain residence visa in Dubai:
- A completed application form
- Several passport Photo with white background
- The applicant’s original passport along with a copy of it (that is valid for at least six months)
- Copy of education certificates required for the job (this has to be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in your country)
- A copy of valid company card
- A certification of health
- An entry permit issued by the ministry of labor
- Proof of payment of application fee
Documents required to obtain a work permit in Dubai
Below we review the documents needed to obtain a work permit in Dubai:
- An employment contract with a company in Dubai
- Copies of applicant birth certification, passport and marriage certificate if applicable
- Proof of accommodation in Dubai, such as copy of a lease agreement
- Evidence that applicant has sufficient financial means to support themselves in Dubai
Document required to obtain a work visa in Dubai
Below we review the documents needed to obtain a work visa in Dubai:
- Your original passport with a copy of it
- A passport-sized picture, in line with UAE requirement
- Copies of your academic qualification
- A medical certificate, issued by a government-approved health center in UAE
- Document from the company hiring you, such as commercial license of the company or company card
Renew a UAE work visa
Most visas issued in Dubai, including tourist visas, and any other visas, can be extended. If you travel to Dubai and you want to stay more you can extend your visa. You don’t know how? Read the “how to renew or extend tourist visa in Dubai” on our website. Any type of residence visa in the UAE is issued for 1 to 3 years, which can be extended. Your employer must apply for an extension 30 days before your visa expires. In the same way that you first received a work visa in the UAE, you can apply for an extension that’s how your sponsor has to apply at the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs in the relevant emirate.
Thank you for accompanying us to the end of this text. As explained above, foreigners who want to live in Dubai for a long time must have a residence permit in Dubai. In addition, if they want to work in Dubai, they must be allowed to work in Dubai. The most important thing to work in Dubai is to find a company that will be interested in hiring you. The required steps and circuits were also reviewed above. For more information about other visas issued in Dubai and the living conditions in the UAE or buying real estate in this country, you can visit our website, dxboffplan.com.