Dubai is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. People from different parts of the world travel to Dubai for a variety of reasons. There are many different types of tourist visas for people who wish to come to Dubai. You probably know that tourist visas are required for those not eligible to travel to the UAE without a visa. This visa is usually obtained by hotels and airline agencies.
Recently, new conditions have been added to the process of obtaining a tourist visa in the UAE, where people can renew their tourist visas twice without leaving the country. If you plan to travel to Dubai and are likely to travel longer than your tourist visa time limit, here we will explore how to renew or extend your tourist visa in Dubai.
What is the Dubai Tourist Visa?
As you know, there are different visas to stay in Dubai, and one would be a Dubai work visa and permit. You could also go for another advantageous option which is a Dubai freelance visa. Each of which has different specific conditions and durations. Dubai tourist visas are granted to those who cannot enter the United Arab Emirates without a visa. This visa is granted with a time limit of 30 or 90 days, depending on your application. This visa is for those who want to visit Dubai on their holidays or visit friends and family in the UAE. With this visa, you can travel to the UAE at the specified time. It should be noted that UAE embassies do not issue visas. And this visa is issued by a tour agent, airline or hotel in Dubai. If you have applied for a visa via an airline, you must book your flight ticket there as well. If you have applied for your visa through a hotel, you must also book your accommodation at the same hotel. And finally, if you can’t get your visa with either of the options above, you can apply through travel tour agencies, but be sure to research them and choose the dealership you want.
Use of Visa Renewal in Dubai
This visa renewal law is also suitable for those looking for a job on an employment visa in Dubai. Because they have more time to find a better job or enjoy sightseeing in Dubai.
The visa is also suitable for tourists arriving in Dubai as tourists. They want to enjoy desert tours, see Dubai’s beautiful nightlife, and shop at Dubai’s luxury shopping malls.
How to Apply for a Tourist Visa Extension in Dubai?
Before proceeding with the renewal or extension process, it is essential to check the validity and expiry date of your current tourist visa. Make sure you initiate the renewal or extension process at least a few days before your visa expires to avoid complications.
Choosing the appropriate method is the next step:
- Online Application: Visit the official website of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) and follow the instructions to apply for a visa renewal or extension online.
- In-person Application: Visit the nearest GDRFA branch or typing center approved by GDRFA to submit your application in person.
We explore how to apply for a tourist visa extension in Dubai below:
Apply for a Tourist Visa by GDRFA app
The steps to do this are as follows:
- Login to the GDRFA app
- Log in to the dashboard and open dependent visa details
- Tap the renew residence button
- Fill in the details
- Select the delivery method
- Attach documents
- Submit the fee
- Wait for SMS or email confirmation
Apply for a Tourist Visa By Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship
The steps to do this are as follows:
- Visit the online portal of the Federal Authority for identity and citizenship
- Enter your credentials
- Add attachments
- Submit a 600-dirham fee and apply for an extension
Documents Required for Visa Extension in Dubai
Documents you need to submit to renew your Dubai tourist visa are mentioned below:
- Copy of the applicant’s passport. The important thing is to make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months.
- 2 passport-size photos with a white background, and the photos should be coloured
- A copy of your current visa should be a part of the documents
- Citizens of countries like Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Iraq also have to submit their national ID card
Apart from the documents mentioned above, you must also provide some guarantor documents. We will introduce these documents to you below:
- You have to submit a copy of your guarantor’s passport and resident visa. Both should have a minimum of 3 months of validity.
- You must provide a copy of your guarantor’s Emirates ID.
- The contact number and email address of your guarantor should be part of the documents you submit
- Your guarantor’s last month’s bank statement also must be submitted. He or she must submit a security cheque for 550 dirhams. This cheque would not be deposited but rather returned to your guarantor once you return to your country.
- In case you do not have a guarantor, you would have to make a deposit of 2000 dirhams while applying for your visa renewal. This money will be refunded to your bank account once you reach your home country.
Ways to Extend Tourist Visas in Dubai
The ways of extending tourist visas in Dubai are very clear. Below are some of these methods:
- You could renew a tourist visa in Dubai for 30 days twice
- Keep a check on the expiry date of the first extension
- Apply for the second renewal before the first expires
Dubai Tourist Visa Renewal Fee
You would have to pay 600 dirhams each time your Dubai tourist visa renewal is done.
Dubai Tourist Visa Extension Grace Period
If, for any reason, you fail to renew your tourist visa in Dubai, you will have to pay 100 dirhams per day for every day you stay in Dubai. The number of days will be calculated ten days after the expiry date of your visa.
What Conditions Will Prevent Tourist Visas from Being Renewed in the UAE?
There are exceptions for some people in Dubai, and their visas will be extended. These people should have the following features:
- Visitors and tourists living in GCC countries
- Residents accompanying GCC nationals
- Who are on special entry permits
- Who are on a 96 hours permit for special missions
How Long Does the Dubai Tourist Visa Remain Valid?
A Dubai tourist visa is valid for 30 or 90 days. The validity period begins from the date of issue and cannot be extended. Visitors are required to leave the UAE before the end of the visa validity period. Any extension requires a new visa application.
Can Children Get a Free Visit Visa in Dubai?
Children under the age of 18 can be granted a free tourist visa each year from July 15 to 15 September on the condition that they are accompanied by adulthood. This issue was approved by a UAE cabinet in July 2018. This initiative was taken to promote tourism for children and their families. It allows children to explore and enjoy the country’s cultural heritage and natural attractions without any visa fee. Be sure to check out everything you need to know about life in the UAE. The visa is valid for 30 days from the date of entry into the UAE.
Can Women Under 18 Apply for a Tourist Visa in Dubai?
Women under 18 years old can apply for a Dubai tourist visa only if they are traveling with their parents. The parent must be the passport holder and the visa sponsor. The parent must also provide a no-objection letter from the other parent to the embassy. The sponsor must be a family member, such as a father, mother, brother, or sister.
Could Airlines Also Offer a Visit Visa in the UAE?
In response, we have to say yes. Each of these airlines has different conditions; their only common option is to fly on the same line as the agency. The types of visas they offer are mentioned below:
● Tourist visa multiple entry
Validity: 60 days
Duration: 30 days
Visa fee: 650 dirham
● Long-term tourist visa single entry
Validity: 60 days
Duration: 90 days
Visa fee: 1000 dirham
● Long-term visit visa with multiple entry
Validity: 60 days
Duration: 90 days
Visa fee: 2500 dirham
What’s the Difference Between a UAE Tourist Visa and a Visit Visa?
The validity of a visit visa is 90 days, while a tourist visa is 30 days.
Tourist visas can’t be renewed for those citizens of the following countries:
East and West Europe, Turkey, Bulgaria, Poland, Ukraine, Albania, Russia, the Hellenic Republic, St Kitts-Nabis, St Luisa, Mexico, Cuba, Bermuda, Belize, Guyana, French Guiana, Martinique, Antigua and Barbuda, St Vincent, Jamaica, Palao other non-defined American nationalities, Thailand, South Africa, Singapore, China, Malta, Cyprus.
Things to Consider for Dubai Tourist Visa Renewal
Important tips to renew your tourist visa in Dubai you need to remember:
- Your tourist visa in Dubai can be renewed twice for 30 days.
- Do not forget to check the first visa renewal expiry date.
- Be sure to apply a second time before the renewal period is over.
Looking to Obtain a Tourist Visa for Dubai?
Well, as you’ve seen, it’s not hard to renew your Dubai tourist visa. You just need to properly present the documents we’ve told you about above at the right time. Once you’ve renewed your visa, you can continue to tour Dubai and the rest of the UAE or enjoy visiting friends and family without worrying. You’ll probably want to stay in Dubai forever and live here, in which case you need to know how to get a Dubai residency visa. If you’re looking for a long-term solution and considering buying a property in the UAE, Dxboffplan is the perfect place to start. With a wide range of UAE off-plan properties to choose from, Dxboffplan can help you find the most suitable property, whether you’re looking for a place to live or an investment opportunity. With their expert guidance and support, you can be sure of finding the right property for you.
frequently asked questions
The processing time for a tourist visa extension in Dubai can vary but typically takes around 2-3 business days. It's best to submit your application at least a week before your current visa expires to allow for processing time.
You will need a valid passport, a copy of your current visa, a passport-sized photograph, and proof of financial means to support your stay in Dubai. Additional documents may be required depending on your individual circumstances.
The cost of extending your tourist visa in Dubai will depend on the duration of the extension and any additional fees charged by the GDRFA. Expect to pay around AED 600 for a 30-day extension.