Dubai has long been recognized as the best city in the world. East-West composition in terms of culture and lifestyle, and the very beautiful compliments that have been made between business and making money and entertainment are really famous in the whole world. Under such circumstances, Dubai accepts immigrants from all over the world that Pakistanis have long settled in Dubai and consider Dubai their home.
Moving to a new place can be doubtful or even scary. Dubai hosts a large number of immigrants from all over the world annually, which we should be grateful to Dubai for its multicultural living conditions and attractive opportunities for a better life. A significant Pakistani population lives in Dubai. If you want to immigrate from Pakistan to Dubai, here we will examine all the visa requirements and all the tips you need to know for this relocation.
Over the past few decades, many Pakistanis have called Dubai their second home. There are 400,000 Pakistanis living in Dubai, accounting for 13% of Dubai’s total population. To immigrate to Dubai or anywhere in the world, the best and most important thing to do is to check the types of visas are available for you, that are specifically Pakistani checked in this article. The important thing is that there are no visas for Pakistani nationals to enter the UAE. So if you are Pakistani and want to come to Dubai, you must have a Tourist visa or a sponsor will get you a visiting visa.
We can give you the news that you can use a charge free 48-hour visa or 96-hour visa that costs 50 dirhams to come to Dubai. There are longer-term visit visas to come to Dubai with which you can stay in Dubai for more than 90 days. In general, if you are Pakistani, and want to stay in Dubai for longer, we have checked below the visas you can get:
- Employment visa
This visa allows Pakistanis in Dubai to work and the visa process is also the responsibility of your recruiter. Be sure to make sure that the employer is doing and obtaining a visa because there have been frauds for these types of visas. For more information you should read Dubai work visa and permit and if you need a job in Dubai we suggest you to read a complete guide on how to get a job in Dubai in our website.
- Freelance visa
If you are not looking for employment in companies and are interested in living and working freelance in UAE and Dubai, you can apply for a freelance visa in the UAE. Some free zones in Dubai that offer this visa include: international media production zone, Dubai technology and media free zone, Dubai media city and knowledge village. Procedures and fees depend very much on the free zone that issues you the visa. Then, be sure to check with official authorities for the most up to date information on freelance visa in Dubai.
- Dependent visa
This type of visa in Dubai is intended for people who are currently residing in Dubai, their spouse, child or parents. Your spouse must prove that he has a monthly income of 4,000 dirhams or 3,000 dirhams of income with accommodation for you. Children who want to sponsor their retired parents must have an income of 20,000 dirhams. Finally, parents can sponsor their children up to their 18th birthday, and in the case of girls before they get married.
- Student visa
This type of residence permit in Dubai is intended for people who have been accepted from Dubai universities or educational institutions. There are also announcements about longer-term visas for students studying at higher levels.
- Investor visa
This type of visa is intended for people who have started a business in Dubai.
- Property owner visa
can you get UAE residency visa when you buy a property in Dubai? This visa is for people who have bought property in Dubai or the UAE. The conditions for this visa vary based on the price of the property you purchased. So be careful and choose a reliable real estate agent to make the click that offers you a purchase to be eligible for this type of visa.
In most cases, to register the residence stamped in your passport, you will first be granted permission to enter the country, after which you will need to take a medical test.
With all of these points about getting Dubai visa above, we recommend that you also review how to get residency Dubai visa so that you do not have any unknowing points left.
Documents required to move to Dubai from Pakistan
In most cases, the company will complete the process of obtaining your visa, but it is you who must prepare the required documents.
- When you have a letter of offer from the company, it is time to apply for a National ID card for outside Pakistan. If you choose the fast track, this operation will be performed for you in 7 days. If it does not choose a fast track, it will take about 1 month.
- A Protector’s stamp must be on your passport as a Pakistani who want to work abroad. To have it you need some documents and go to Protectorate office. The documents you need, are:
- Two copies of your passport
- Visa or entry permit
- NICOP( or a slip verifying you have paid for NICOP)
- Passport sized photograph
- An offer letter
- Your guardian’s CNIC
- Another required document is to have a university degree in hand. At first, you have to get this attested by the Higher Education Council (HEC) in Pakistan, below you need to get the attestation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Operation (MOFA/MOFAIC) and the UAE Embassy in Pakistan. Then you arrive in Dubai, you would also have to get it attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) in the UAE. There are offices that take these steps for you, but we suggest that you do these yourself to make sure that all the attestation is done compeltely.
- When the sponsor or company sends you the ticket details, make sure that the ticket is fully finalized by the airline dealership. If you book a ticket yourself, make sure you can’t travel without this ticket.
- You will need a number of passport-sized photos and copies of your passport to do your paperwork and visa work in Dubai. So take these documents with you for a faster visa process.
Accommodation in Dubai
An important point to consider before moving to any country is the status of the homes there for your stay. Usually, for people who enter Dubai on an employment visa, the company reserves an apartment hotel or guest house for their first residence. You’ll have to look for a home for yourself after a short time. Here are some important points that you should pay attention to when you come from Pakistan and want to find a home for yourself.
- Most migrants are looking to rent an apartment for themselves before they think about their long-term residence. When it comes to renting a property in Dubai, there are plenty of options for this. But this multiplicity of options will be annoying for you who want to choose the home you want.
- The important thing is to think about how much of your salary you can consider as a rental before you get confused with rental apartments in downtown Dubai and Dubai Marina. There is a general rule of thumb, that you set aside up to 35% of your salary for renting a home.
- Since Dubai is known for its luxury, the number of affordable areas for renting a home in Dubai is few.
- More importantly, rent in Dubai is paid in 3-month checks or annually. Very few properties offer monthly rent, which becomes more expensive in the long run. It used to be so common that some companies paid housing allowances as part of salaries. This way you could pay your rent more easily. But few companies do it today.
- In addition to renting a house or apartment cost, you should also consider DEWA utility bills (electricity and water cost), internet and telephone connections, security deposits, agency fees and Ejari cost. You should read major cost of living in Dubai and be familier with every cost of living in the UAE. We recommend you to check all these costs and get the sum of your fixed monthly fees, after which you can negotiate the salary with your company manager. If possible, try to have a support package to cover your relocation costs.
Areas for renting an apartment for Pakistani migrants in Dubai
There is no shortage of areas, houses and apartments in Dubai for any nationality. But some areas are more popular for Pakistanis, which we will introduce below:
- The apartments for rent in Al Barsha, International city and Deira are more popular with bachelor’s moving to Dubai from Pakistan. If you ask why? We have to answer, because of easy access to the many Pakistani restaurants in this area and maybe they are more affordable.
- Those looking for views of their home country in Dubai, such as the large number of houses next door to each other in the city of Bahria town, Islamabad, are sure to choose Emirates Hill, the Spring and the Meadows to live in.
- The villas for rent in Mirdif or Arabian Renches could be appropriate place for who are like to be more familier vibe of Askarii 11 in Lahore.
- Downtown Dubai and Business Bay would be good place for people are looking for a little more edgy and contemporary with the vibe of Clifton in Karachi.
Living in Dubai for Pakistani people
Popular products and popular Pakistani brands are easily found in Dubai. Because Dubai is home to a large population of Pakistani immigrants. They have access to many special equipment for Pakistanis, including Shan spice blends and Mitchell’s chutneys to exclusive Pakistani fashion designs.
Schools in Dubai for Pakistani nationality
You don’t have to worry about your children’s school in Dubai, as there are different schools near residential neighborhoods in Dubai. The schools are working in the UAE with various international study programmes. Beside the popular choice of the IB, GCSE and American schools, there are Pakistani educational institutions for those who prefer raise their children in familiar environment.
It should be noted that Arabic is compulsory in some schools, but don’t worry because in most cases there is help for your children in this lesson. Thoroughly conduct your research on the admission of students to the school you are looking for. It’s important to ask about the time of enrollment and opening of schools and the start of the school year.
School fees vary depending on their management and the services they provide. So complete your research and register your child at the right institution.
There are many kindergartens around residential areas for younger children.
Restaurants and food
It may be interesting to know that Pakistani cuisine is a favorite of other migrants in Dubai and you can easily find Pakistani restaurants in Dubai. The Daily Restaurant, Spinzer, Karachi Darbar and the other Pakistani restaurants in Dubai make it easy for immigrants to have the taste of their home country.
Even if you like to make your favorite Pakistani food at home, don’t worry about buying ingredients. Because there are Pakistani supermarkets in Dubai where you can find everything from familiar masalas to Pakistani fruits.
Hospitals and health
Note that it is compulsory for people with UAE residency visas to have health insurance. If you are in Dubai on a work visa, the company that hired you must provide you with health insurance.
If your sponsor is your spouse in Dubai, the company that provides health insurance to your spouse also provides health insurance to you and your children according to the rules. However, if you are in Dubai under the visas mentioned above, you must obtain health insurance for yourself. Be careful and check all the conditions and options that are covered by insurance. Also, take care of uninsured options so that you don’t get surprised by the bills you pay.
These insurance centres will give you a health insurance card after issuing your health insurance, which you will need to provide when you go to the hospital for health care. Some great hospitals in Dubai are Aster, Mediclinic, Medeor and Saudi German.
There are many and good pharmacies around residential areas. This is a very important point that buying painkillers for a headache doesn’t make it a problem for you.
Watch out for the list of banned drugs in the UAE. Because your doctor may have prescribed a drug for you in your country, that it is a crime to have and take it in the UAE.
Getting around Dubai
It’s not hard to turn around in Dubai and from one area to another, not just for Pakistanis, but also for the general public living in Dubai. The Dubai Metro connects different parts of the city, along with Dubai’s network of buses and taxis with which you have access to any area of Dubai you want.
You could pay for bud and metro with NOL card.
If you like to commute by taxi, these two options RTA, Uber and Careem are very popular in Dubai. But if you are looking for an economic option on taxis, we recommend booking RTA taxis for your commutes.
If you are looking for a driving licence in Dubai, you must pass the exam after attending classes. If you have a driving licence in your home country, you will be subject to exemptions to attend classes in Dubai. After obtaining a driver’s license, you must register to buy a car.
If you need to drive every day to go to work, choose your accommodation in the right place to be safe from daily traffic during traffic hours.
Lifestyle and entertainment
Things happen in Dubai all the time that make the city crowded. Pakistani immigrants are very interested in live performances by their country singers. In the past, these singers Arif Lohar, Atif Aslam, Rahat Fatih Ali Khan, were greatly welcomed.
Cricket fans would be happy to know how many of the last Pakistan Super League games were played in Dubai. So when it’s PES season, you can see your favorite players in the stadium or in different parts of the city.
Those who love shopping, there are numerous shopping malls in Dubai where all the world famous brands also have branches. Also, if you are looking for traditional Pakistani clothing, we have to say that there is this Pakistani clothing brand in Dubai including Khaadi, Nishat linen and J J .
Things to know when moving from Pakistan to Dubai
Tips you should know if you are moving to Dubai are listed below:
- Dubai is famous for its extremely high temperatures, but we have to say that shopping malls and other closed spaces have a low degree.
- Learning the basics of each country to live in it is a great idea. But you don’t have to learn Arabic to live in Dubai.
- Keep your passport with you at all time, you don’t need to give it to the company where you work.
- Always bring your UAE ID with you as your ID card is required in most administrative tasks.
- If you are driving, be sure to have a motor insurance card with you, because if you have an accident, the police will need it.
- There are mosques in most residential areas in Dubai. There are a few churches and temples is also found in Dubai.
- The Pakistani counsulate is located in Umm Hurair, Bur Dubai. Their contact is +971-4-397-3600.
What is the travel time from Pakistan to Dubai?
It takes approximately 2 to 3 hours to reach Dubai from Pakistan.
How can I immigrate to Dubai from Pakistan?
The steps are as follows:
- Fulfill visa requirement
- Get your paper work in order
- Find accommodation in Dubai
What is the total cost to visit Dubai from Pakistan?
The sum of the costs depends on the cost you pay for the ticket and where you choose to stay. On average, it may cost you between 50000 PKR and 100000 PKR. If you want it to be less costly, you can take tours in Pakistan for Dubai.
Thank you for accompanying us until the end of the article. As you noticed in this article, we reviewed the visa requirements and the lives of Pakistanis in Dubai. And given the high number of Pakistanis in Dubai, we find that Dubai has been a safe and comfortable place for Pakistanis.