Today, almost all people know Palm Jumeirah as the eighth wonder in the world and the largest man-made island. While many people know this place because of its majestic apartments and stunning hotels, there are more interesting facts about this place that you might not know. Continue reading if you want to know more about Palm Jumeirah in Dubai.
Palm Jumeirah History Fact
In 2001 they started to build this development of this amazing island, and for about six years they worked hard to complete it. The owner of the Palm Jumeirah project is Nakheel, a famous local real estate company. As you see there are years of experience and knowledge behind the design of Helman Hurley Charvat Peacock, the architect of Palm Jumeirah. And now people visit this wonder as the most iconic landmark in Dubai.
Here is a list of amazing statistics that show interesting facts about the history and building process of Palm Jumeirah.
- The basic infrastructure was in place by 2004 and the island was ready for construction in 2006.
- Just a year after completion, the first residents settled in 2007 in Palm Jumeirah and nearly 75% of properties were handed to the buyers.
- By the end of the same year, 500 people had settled in Palm Jumeirah.
- At the end of 2009, there were 28 hotels in Palm Jumeirah opened on the Crescent to welcome visitors.
- More than 12,000 trees were grown in a nursery to be planted on Palm Jumeirah Island.
Palm Jumeirah General Facts
Here, you can read some mind-blowing facts about Palm Jumeirah that will amaze you.
- One of the most impressive facts about Palm Jumeirah is the cost of construction. The awe-inspiring construction of this amazing island cost $12 billion during its development.
- Another interesting fact about Palm Jumeirah is that several expert divers were hired to ensure the feasibility of the project and also to explore the rock formation.
- Another important point is the excellence of research and technological advancement that cause you to find the most unique properties for sale and luxurious hotels in Palm Jumeirah today.
- People like this place because of the standards of living of luxurious apartments. It means as a resident you can enjoy watching the stunning views of the Persian Gulf while you live in a place with high standards.
Palm Jumeirah Construction Facts
You might not know how amazing the construction process of Palm Jumeirah and land reclamation was. Here are some interesting facts about this subject:
- The most interesting fact about Palm Jumeirah construction is that you can not find any steel or concrete on this development.
- Instead, they used 94 million cubic meters of sand from the seabed in the exceptional structure of this incredible island. Also, they brought 7 million tons of rocks to use in this construction.
- The Global Positioning System (GPS) was also used to pinpoint the accuracy of the Palm shape.
- One of the amazing facts about the engineering of Palm Jumeirah is that architects had to plan breakwaters for protection purposes. A mix of Geotextile fiber and sand with small and medium rocks were placed to make the breakwater. This shield is built under the crescent to protect The Palm from any typhoons and storms.
- Many people choose the luxury apartments and hotels in Palm Jumeirah because of this breakwater shield.
Interesting Facts about Palm Jumeirah
In this part, you can read about how large Palm Jumeirah is, the celebrities who live on this island, and more interesting facts in this field.
- You might not know how vast the Palm Jumeirah area is. The fact is that it covers 5.72 sq. km of land, equal to 600 football pitches. The most interesting part is that the largest football stadium, Wembley Stadium, took about 4 years to be finished. But, the Palm Jumeirah project was done in just six years, while it is as large as hundreds of football stadiums.
- Another surprising fact is that it is not technically like an island. An island should be completely surrounded by water and detached from any land, but Palm Jumeirah has a bridge that connects it to Dubai by a 1.4 km bridge.
- Also, there is a famous monorail that connected Palm Jumeirah to the coastline of Dubai to achieve transport purposes. Normally, about 20,000 passengers use this monorail daily. In addition to this, there is also a tunnel to link the crescent of The Palm with the trunk.
- The other surprising point is that the sands and rocks used in this large man-made island are enough to make a 2 meters high wall that circles the earth three times.
- If you like to know the famous people who choose this place to buy property, I have to say that David Beckham, a famous English footballer owns a villa in Palm Jumeirah. Also, Shahrukh Khan the Bollywood superstar owns a 6BR mansion in Palm Jumeirah. Other famous people are Priyanka Chopra, Kim Kardashian, Robert De Niro who love to stay in the hotels of Palm Jumeirah.
Unknown Facts about Palm Jumeirah
The other fact about the Palm Jumeirah development that fewer people know is that Palm Jumeirah is part of a three-island collection. The initial project was around the Palm Jumeirah plus two more island projects – Palm Jebel Ali and Palm Deira, and both of them should be bigger than Palm Jumeirah. But currently, the two others are under construction, and there is no immediate date for opening.
Properties for sale in Palm Jumeirah
You can find many desirable properties for sale in Palm Jumeirah. You can find many luxury hotels and apartments in Palm Jumeirah, this world-class address. Among the most unique and desirable properties for sale in Palm Jumeirah, I can mention Luxury apartments and hotels. Continue reading to learn more about each item.
● Apartments for sale in Palm Jumeirah:
Palm Jumeirah offers a variety of apartments with different styles, architecture, and views. If you want to find the best place for waterfront living, with the spectacular views of the Persian Gulf and world-class amenities, Palm Jumeirah apartments are the best choice. A lifestyle beyond ordinary is what attracts people from around the world to this amazing island. The best apartments for sale in Palm Jumeirah include The 8, W Residences, 22 Carat Penthouse, Anantara Residences, One Palm, and many more that you can explore in dxboffplan.com
● Luxury hotels in Palm Jumeirah:
Palm Jumeirah is also home to the world’s most luxurious hotels. Extraordinary activities, awe-inspiring views of the Persian Gulf, as well as pure luxury turn hotels in Palm Jumeirah into the best places for unique experiences, and having fun at a highly exceptional place. Among the luxury hotels in Palm Jumeirah, I can mention Atlantis The Palm, Kempinski Hotel and Residence, Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah, and so on.
Almost all of us know Palm Jumeirah, where it is, but there are more interesting facts about this global wonder. In the above text, you can read the most interesting facts about Palm Jumeirah and its properties. If you want to know more about properties for sale in Palm Jumeirah, call the dxpoffplan team whenever you like during 24 hours. We will help you find the best property for sale anywhere in Dubai or UAE freely.