Amazing Facts About Palm Jumeirah You Didn’t Know Before
Known as the eighth wonder in the world, Palm Jumeirah in Dubai is the largest man-made island in the globe. Although this engineering marvel is famous for its magnificent apartments and stunning hotels, there are some unknown facts that you should know. Read on to the end to find out about Palm Jumeirah in Dubai…
Palm Jumeirah history fact
The development of this amazing island started in the year 2001, and it took nearly 6 years to be completed. Palm Jumeirah is the exceptional project of Nakheel that is the local real estate company. With years of experience and knowledge, Helmen Hurley Charvat Peacock suggested the unique architecture of Palm Jumeirah making it the eighth wonder in the world, and the most iconic landmark in Dubai!
- The basic infrastructure was in place by 2004 and the island was ready for construction in 2006.
- Just a year after completion, the first residents settled in 2007 in Palm Jumeirah and nearly 75% of properties were handed to the buyers.
- By the end of the same year, 500 people had settled in Palm Jumeirah.
- At the end of 2009, there were 28 hotels in Palm Jumeirah opened on the Crescent to welcome visitors.
- More than 12,000 trees were grown in a nursery to be planted on Palm Jumeirah Island.
Palm Jumeirah general facts
- One of the most impressive facts about Palm Jumeirah is the cost of construction. The awe-inspiring construction of this amazing island cost $12 billion during its development.
- Another interesting fact about Palm Jumeirah is that several expert divers were hired to ensure the feasibility of the project and also to explore the rock formation.
- The excellence of research as well as the technological advancement are the reason why you can find the most unique properties for sale and luxurious hotels in Palm Jumeirah.
- Palm Jumeirah is also famous as a place that uniquely redefines standards of living with some of luxurious apartments where the residents can enjoy stunning views of the Persian gulf.
Palm Jumeirah construction facts
The construction process of Palm Jumeirah was also one-of-a-kind as it required land reclamation.
- One of the most interesting facts to know about Palm Jumeirah engineering is that no steel or concrete was used during the development of this unique iconic island in Dubai.
- The exceptional structure of this incredible island comprises of a whopping 94 million cubic meters of sand that was brought from the seabed into construction. Besides, 7 million tons of rocks were brought from the Hajar Mountains to build the base.
- The Global Positioning System (GPS) was also used to pinpoint the accuracy of the Palm shape.
- One of the amazing facts about engineering of Palm Jumeirah is that architects had to plan breakwaters for protection purposes. A mix of Geotextile fibre and sand with small and medium rocks were placed to make the breakwater. This shield is built under the crescent to protect The Palm from any typhoons and storms.
- This breakwater shield is the reason why myriads of people choose luxury apartments and hotels in Palm Jumeirah.
Interesting facts about Palm Jumeirah
If you wonder how large Palm Jumeirah is, and which celebrities own home in the island, here are these kinds of facts for you…
- One of the most amazing facts about Palm Jumeirah is that it covers 5.72 sq. km of land which is equal to 600 football pitches. You are right! The largest football stadium in the world, Wembley Stadium, took more than 4 years to be completed. But, the construction of Palm Jumeirah took only 6 years, and it can accommodate hundreds of football stadiums!
- One of the other interesting facts about Palm Jumeirah is that it cannot be technically termed as an island. An island is a land surrounded by water and completely detached from land. However, Palm Jumeirah is connected to Dubai by a 1.4 km bridge.
- There is also a monorail that bridges Palm Jumeirah to coastline of Dubai for transport purposes. It transports over 20,000 passengers per day. In addition to this, there is also a tunnel in order to link the crescent of The Palm with the trunk.
- It is also interesting to note that the sand and rock used in the world’s largest man-made island can form a wall with height of 2 meters that can circle the earth three times.
- This stunning island in Dubai has also attracted celebrities from around the world. David Beckham who is a famous English footballer owns a villa in Palm Jumeirah.
- Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan also has a 6BR mansion in Palm Jumeirah and the luxury address is his favourite staycation destination.
- Priyanka Chopra, Kim Kardashian, Robert De Niro are other celebs who love hotels in Palm Jumeirah. However, there are many more!
Unknown Palm Jumeirah facts
- The size of Palm Jebel Ali is more than Palm Jumeirah
A less known fact about the Palm Jumeirah development in Dubai is that it is part of a three-island collection which comprises of the Palm Jumeirah plus two more island projects – Palm Jebel Ali and Palm Deira. Both these projects are supposed to be bigger than Palm Jumeirah. Currently, Palm Jebel Ali and Palm Deira are under construction with no immediate date announced for opening.
Properties for sale in Palm Jumeirah
Properties for sale in Palm Jumeirah are among the most desirable ones not only in Dubai, but also in the world. As Palm Jumeirah is a world-class address, luxury hotels and apartments in Palm Jumeirah are the most preferred properties for living as well as staycation. Here are the most unique and desirable properties for sale in Palm Jumeirah…
Apartments for sale in Palm Jumeirah: Palm Jumeirah offers a variety of apartments with different styles, architecture and views. Apartments in Palm Jumeirah are the first choice of those who are looking to the best of waterfront living, the spectacular views of the Persian gulf as well as world-class amenities. A lifestyle of beyond ordinary is what attracts people from around the world to this amazing island.
Luxury hotels in Palm Jumeirah: Palm Jumeirah is also home to world’s most luxurious hotels. Extraordinary activities, awe-inspiring views of the Persian Gulf, as well as pure luxury turn hotels in Palm Jumeirah into the best places for unique experiences, and having fun at a highly exceptional place.
Some of these luxury hotels in Palm Jumeirah include Atlantis The Palm, Kempinski Hotel and Residence, Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah, as well as other luxurious hotels that attract even celebrities!