In today’s world, most people know Palm Jumeirah as the largest man-made island and the eighth wonder of the world. This place is known for its magnificent apartments and luxurious hotels, but there are many other interesting facts about it. In fact, Palm Jumeirah is also home to a large number of international restaurants, art galleries, and diverse attractions that make it a unique destination. In addition, the UAE golden visa can be obtained for those who purchase property in Palm Jumeirah. This scheme offers individuals the opportunity to live, work and study in Dubai and the UAE. With its world-class infrastructure and attractive lifestyle, Palm Jumeirah is the ideal location for those looking to get the UAE golden visa and take advantage of the many benefits it offers.
Continue reading if you want to know some amazing facts about Palm Jumeirah in Dubai:
Palm Jumeirah Background Fact
The construction of this amazing island began in 2001, and it took about six years to complete. The owner of the Palm Jumeirah project is Nakheel Properties, a famous local real estate company. Helman Hurley Charvat Peacock, the architect of Palm Jumeirah, shows years of experience and knowledge in his design. If you are interested in knowing more about Nakheel Properties, check out the list of property developers in the UAE.
Palm Jumeirah is now the most iconic landmark in Dubai, and people from all over the world come to see it. Here is a list of amazing statistics that show interesting facts about the history and building process of Palm Jumeirah.
- Just a year after completion, the first residents settled in 2007 in Palm Jumeirah, and nearly 75% of properties were handed to the buyers.
- By the end of the same year, 500 people had settled in Palm Jumeirah.
- At the end of 2009, there were 28 hotels in Palm Jumeirah opened on the Crescent to welcome visitors.
- More than 12,000 trees were grown in a nursery to be planted around the highly-priced Jumeirah Bay Island Properties.
Palm Jumeirah Key Facts
Here, you can read some mind-blowing facts about Palm Jumeirah that will amaze you.
- One of the most impressive facts about Palm Jumeirah is the cost of construction. The awe-inspiring construction of this amazing island cost $12 billion during its development.
- Another interesting fact about Palm Jumeirah is that several expert divers were hired to ensure the feasibility of the project and also to explore the rock formation.
- Furthermore, Palm Jumeirah is home to some of the most unique properties for sale and luxurious hotels in the world.
- People like this place because of the standards of living of luxurious apartments. It means as a resident, you can enjoy watching the stunning views of the Persian Gulf while you live in a place with high standards.
Palm Jumeirah Construction Facts
You might not know how amazing the construction process of Palm Jumeirah and land reclamation was. Here are some interesting facts about this subject:
- The most interesting fact about Palm Jumeirah construction is that you can not find any steel or concrete in this development.
- Instead, they used 94 million cubic meters of sand from the seabed in the exceptional structure of this incredible island. Also, they brought 7 million tons of rocks to use in this construction.
- The Global Positioning System (GPS) was also used to pinpoint the accuracy of the Palm shape.
- One of the amazing facts about the engineering of Palm Jumeirah is that architects had to plan breakwaters for protection purposes. A mix of Geotextile fiber and sand with small and medium rocks were placed to make the breakwater. This shield is built under the crescent to protect The Palm from any typhoons and storms.
- Many people choose the luxury apartments and hotels in Palm Jumeirah because of this breakwater shield.
Fun Facts about Palm Jumeirah
In this part, you can read about how large Palm Jumeirah is, the celebrities who live on this island, and more interesting facts in this field.
- You might not know how vast the Palm Jumeirah area is. The fact is that it covers 5.72 sq. km of land, equal to 600 football pitches. The most interesting part is that the largest football stadium, Wembley Stadium, took about 4 years to be finished. But, the Palm Jumeirah project was done in just six years, while it is as large as hundreds of football stadiums.
- Another surprising fact is that it is not technically like an island. An island should be completely surrounded by water and detached from any land, but Palm Jumeirah has a bridge that connects it to Dubai by a 1.4 km bridge.
- Also, there is a famous monorail that connects Palm Jumeirah to the coastline of Dubai to achieve transport purposes. Normally, about 20,000 passengers use this monorail daily. In addition to this, there is also a tunnel to link the crescent of The Palm with the trunk.
- The other surprising point is that the sands and rocks used in this large man-made island are enough to make a 2 meters high wall that circles the earth three times.
- We could mention David Beckham, an English footballer who owns a villa in Palm Jumeirah if you want to know the famous people who buy property here. Also, Shahrukh Khan, the Bollywood superstar, owns a 6BR mansion in Palm Jumeirah. Other famous people are Priyanka Chopra, Kim Kardashian, and Robert De Niro, who love to stay in Palm Jumeirah hotels.
Unknown Facts about Palm Jumeirah
Palm Jumeirah is also part of a three-island collection, which fewer people are aware of. As part of the initial plan, there would be two more island projects – Palm Jebel Ali and Palm Deira, both of which would be bigger than Palm Jumeirah. But currently, the two others are under construction, and there is no immediate date for opening. The two other islands, when complete, will be part of the world’s largest man-made island collection. The islands will be connected by a series of bridges and will be a major tourist destination.
Properties for Sale in Palm Jumeirah
You can find many desirable properties for sale in Palm Jumeirah. You can find many luxury hotels and apartments in Palm Jumeirah at this world-class address. Among the most unique and desirable properties for sale in Palm Jumeirah, we can mention Luxury apartments and hotels. Continue reading to learn more about each one:
Apartments for Sale in Palm Jumeirah
Palm Jumeirah offers a variety of apartments with different styles, architecture, and views. Palm Jumeirah apartments are the perfect choice if you’re looking for waterfront living with spectacular views of the Persian Gulf and world-class amenities. A lifestyle beyond the ordinary is what attracts people from around the world to this amazing island. The best apartments for sale in Palm Jumeirah include The 8 W Residences, 22 Carat Penthouse, Anantara Residences, One Palm, and many more that you can explore on our website. It is also possible to get a UAE residency visa by buying property in Palm Jumeirah. As part of the Real Estate Law in Dubai, foreign investors who purchase a property are eligible for a residency visa, allowing them to live, work, and study in Dubai. The residency visa can be renewed annually, and there are no restrictions on the type of property that can be purchased. With the wide variety of properties available in Palm Jumeirah, you can find the perfect one to suit your needs.
Luxury hotels in Palm Jumeirah
Palm Jumeirah is also home to the world’s most luxurious hotels. Palm Jumeirah hotels combine unique experiences, awe-inspiring views of the Persian Gulf, and pure luxury to create the best places for having fun in a highly exceptional environment. Among the luxury hotels in Palm Jumeirah, we can mention Atlantis The Palm, Kempinski Hotel and Residence, Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah, and so on. These hotels offer a unique combination of services, amenities, and activities that are designed to satisfy the most demanding guests. From swimming pools and spas to private beaches and water sports, Palm Jumeirah hotels have something for everyone. Living in a luxurious apartment in Palm Jumeirah can be expensive. The cost of living in Dubai is high, but the luxurious lifestyle often makes it worth it. The high cost of living is offset by the fact that there is no income tax in Dubai, making it an attractive destination for those who are looking for a high quality of life. Additionally, there are numerous entertainment and leisure activities in Dubai, making it a great place to live and work.
Jumeirah Palm, the Epitome of Luxury
In conclusion, Palm Jumeirah is a luxurious destination for those who are looking for a high quality of life. It offers a wide variety of properties for purchase, luxurious hotels, and a residency visa for foreign investors. Residents of Palm Jumeirah are surrounded by stunning beaches, marinas, and parks, making it one of the most desirable places to live in the world. It is also close to Dubai’s many attractions, such as the iconic Burj Khalifa, ensuring that its inhabitants have access to all the amenities they could desire. If you are considering investing in UAE off-plan properties, then Dxboffplan is the perfect place to start. We have extensive experience in the real estate market and can help you find the perfect property for your needs in Palm Jumeirah or the best neighborhoods in Dubai to buy property. With our help, you can find your dream home that will not only bring you great returns on investment but also allow you to enjoy the luxury and beauty of the UAE.
frequently asked questions
Palm Jumeirah is an artificial archipelago located off the coast of Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It is in the shape of a palm tree and is often referred to as the "Eighth Wonder of the World." It is home to a variety of residential, leisure, and entertainment outlets and is a major tourist destination. It is connected to the mainland by a 300m long bridge. The palm tree is made up of 17 fronds and a crescent-shaped breakwater.
Palm Jumeirah was built using dredged sand and rock and required the use of over 50 million cubic meters of rock and sand. The construction process took over 4 years and involved thousands of workers.
Yes, it is visible from space.