Law No. (7) of 2013 Concerning the Land Department (1) Article (1 – 5 )
Law No. (7) of 2013 Concerning the Land Department
Law No. (7) of 2013
Concerning the Land Department (1)
We, Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Ruler of Dubai, After perusal of:
The Declaration issued on 24 January 1960 Establishing the Tabou (Land) Department;
Law No. (7) of 1997 Concerning Land Registration Fees and its amendments;
Law No. (3) of 2003 Establishing the Executive Council of the Emirate of Dubai;
Law No. (7) of 2006 Concerning Real Property Registration in the Emirate of Dubai;
The Government of Dubai Human Resources Management Law No. (27) of 2006 and its amendments;
Law No. (8) of 2007 Concerning Escrow Accounts for Real Estate Development in the Emirate of Dubai;
Law No. (26) of 2007 Regulating the Relationship between Landlords and Tenants in the Emirate of Dubai and its amendments;
Law No. (27) of 2007 Concerning Ownership of Jointly Owned Real Property in the Emirate of Dubai; and
Law No. (9) of 2009 Regulating the Interim Real Property Register of the Emirate of Dubai and its amendments,
Do hereby issue this Law.
Title of the Law
This Law will be cited as “Law No. (7) of 2013 Concerning the Land Department”
The following words and expressions, wherever mentioned in this Law, will have the meaning indicated opposite each of them unless the context implies otherwise:
Emirate: The Emirate of Dubai.
Ruler: His Highness the Ruler of Dubai.
Government: The Government of Dubai.
Executive Council: The Executive Council of the Emirate.
Department: The Land Department.
Chairman: The chairman of the Department.
Director General: The director general of the Department.
Real Property Activities: All material acts and legal dispositions related to the development, sale, purchase, registration, regulation, valuation, and leasing of real property in the Emirate, as well as other real property activities and services performed, regulated, or supervised by the Department and its affiliated entities.
Scope of Application
The provisions of this Law will apply to the Land Department established by virtue of the above-mentioned Declaration issued on 24 January 1960.
Head Office of the Department
The head office of the Department will be located in the Emirate, and the Department may establish branches and offices within the Emirate.
Objectives of the Department
In its capacity as the Government entity in the Emirate responsible for regulating and registering real property and promoting real property investment, the Department will have the following objectives:
- to create a world-class pro-investment real property environment;
- to achieve the strategic goals of the Government in the real property sector;
- to keep up with the latest international real property registration systems;
- to improve the effectiveness of the real property regulation and control in the Emirate;
- to manage and develop the real property rental sector in the Emirate;
- to update and develop real property registration systems consistent with the latest international systems;
- to encourage investment in real property through creating a favourable environment for real property investors;
- to increase the contribution of the real property sector to the overall development of the Emirate; and
- to plan and develop an integrated strategy for real property development in the Emirate to achieve excellence at the international level.